In the past 10 years, infrared-sensing trigger cameras have played a huge role in the monitoring of wild animals. Not only have the patterns of animal groups been photographed, but also the rare animals that have been extinct, from the Northeast Tiger to the Leopard. Over the years, I have accumulated a lot of experience in laying out (installing) infrared sensor cameras. The infrared sensor camera purchase platform is organized as follows:
The camera needs to be prepared before installation:
(1) Debug camera parameters: Debug date and time according to work needs (very important); shooting mode (photo); new SD card or used SD card need to be formatted; time interval is adjusted to “5 seconds”; continuous shooting 3 Zhang; photo number; password setting; sensitivity is set to “medium”; timing is “off”. Two people will be commissioned, one person will be responsible for setting up, and the other person will be responsible for checking.
(2) Camera layout (installation): According to the shape of the target animal, the position of the camera in the trunk (0.5-1.0 m) should not be too low or too high: the downhill slope is slightly lower, and the uphill slope is slightly higher. . Try to choose a flat, open location as a camera location, and place less grass on the ground (special attention should be paid to the growth of grass in the growing season); do not have large plants in front of the camera, try to avoid direct sunlight; Some obstacles can be set, but be careful to reserve the passage of the animal to ensure that the animal takes the longest time before passing the camera. Take a photo before installation to see if it works (very important). When installing and removing cards (or recycling), you need to take a “whiteboard photo” (very important) that writes information about the camera’s location (installer, camera location number, date). Note the GPS information that records the actual camera location. Do not use bait or odorant for diversity monitoring.
Camera installation and maintenance work:
(1) Camera maintenance: In order to ensure the life of the camera, regular maintenance is required. It is recommended to perform maintenance immediately after taking the card or retrieving the camera. Maintenance mainly involves drying, cleaning, etc. the camera. When the camera is not in use, it should be stored in a moisture-proof box with desiccant (silica gel). Any battery needs to be removed from the camera (very important). Take out the memory card and store it dry. The camera is laid out as much as possible during the dry season, and the rainy season requires more maintenance to extend the life of the camera (requires drying and cleaning after January).
(2) Photo storage organization and establishment of data files and upload data, data analysis summary: upload photos to the network database within 1 week after the photo collection, and analyze and organize in time (completed within 2 weeks).
Each data collection record list: camera review form, camera condition table, camera position information table, topographic map, camera layout map, photo data (save copy in the following format), camera layout summary, data analysis summary, etc.
Infrared camera installer training and preparation:
(3) Training and discussion of the participating players are required before and after the camera is set up: the field work group (3-5 people) is established, the team leader is determined, the discussion and learning content have monitoring tasks, the location of the sample area, the work schedule, and the work discipline are monitored. , logistics support (food, water, transportation), essential tools (GPS, compass, camera, machetes, backpacks, markers, pencils, labels, communication tools, maps, topographic maps, preset camera location maps) and records Forms, etc.; camera layout essentials; timely discussion and summary of experience after submission (submission of work summary).
Post time: Nov-12-2019